Stories with impact
“We spend most of our time in organisations talking and thinking about the visible and discernible things – facts, actions, processes, even though it is the invisible values, attitudes and narratives that are actually driving most of what is going on” Steve Denning
Powerful Engagement derives from: a clear message; a powerful story, making the message real and living for the audience; confident delivery congruent with the message and story and tailored to the audience.
This Module contains:
- Exercises to free up creativity
- Techniques and information, guidelines for building stories
- Exercises to craft generic stories
- Exercises to build stories for their purposes
Outcomes – delegates will:
- Learn how to discern which information to use and how to create a cohesive story from it.
- Discover the elements of successful stories.
- Understand the differences between stories for entertainment and stories for the purposes of their function.
- Practice generating stories from information.
- Be confident to give their opinion or conclusions.
- Focus on writing vs performing stories.
- Give and receive feedback to each other.